An Introduction to Centrifugal Pump Fundamentals
If you’re brand new to the world of centrifugal pumps you have a lot of ground to cover. The quickest way to get up to speeds is to survey the landscape and gain an understanding of the most fundamental topics of centrifugal pump design, application, and selection.
Discover Common Pump Designs
While there are dozens, even hundreds, of different centrifugal pump designs, virtually all of them can be categorized into just a few categories. By learning about these common types of centrifugal pumps, you’ll be better prepared to make a pump type recommendation the next time you assist with the pump design and selection process.
Decipher Complex Pump Terms
Every industry has its own vocabulary, and the pump industry is no exception. There are a number of terms every salesperson, engineer, end-user, and maintenance manager who deals with pumps needs to understand. Understanding these terms is critical if you hope to be a competent pump industry professional.
Pump Industry Headlines
- Integrated Upstream Asset Management
- 47th Turbomachinery and 34th Pump Symposia set for Sept. 18-20, 2018
- Flexible Graphite: Tough Enough to be a Navy Seal
- Gorman–Rupp Company (The) Risk Points versus Industrials
- Ensure Speed, Quality, and Savings From Your Component Manufacturer